• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work related training seminars

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? new york

My employer is sending me to boston for 2 days for training. He is paying for the travel/seminar/hotel expenses. My question is, do I get paid my regular pay to attend the seminar too? Both days the seminar is from 9-5. I have searched under the dept of labor but have found nothing related to this matter. I just want to know if legally he has to pay me for attending this seminar or not. Thank you in advance.

Beth3

No one can answer your question unless we know whether you are exempt or non-exempt. Let's try to figure this out in the simplest manner possible. Are you paid on an hourly basis?

If the answer to that question is "no," then you need to briefly describe your job duties and responsibilities.

pattytx

Then you must be paid for the time you spend attending the seminar. Why is there even a question on this? Is it on a weekend or something?

Yes, it is. I am going away overnight for a 2 day seminar in boston. I work mon-thurs. The seminar is on a friday and saturday.

Can anyone direct me to where I may find the legal documents about this matter online. I searched nys dol, and found nothing. My employer stated that they are only paying for the travel and seminar, but nothing else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">