• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Comp/Disability Outrage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Herniated Disks

I am completely outraged.
I injured myself at work in MASS. and the MRI showed extensive herniations in my back. I applied for workers comp and the doctor who examined me sent out his usual form letter stating I had a normal back for my age. I was in a lot of pain and I have been out of work since April 23, 2001.
I then remembered that I have a disability policy that pays a small benefit if you are out of work. I have been paying for this out my own pocket for 30 years. They are refusing to pay me! I notified them that I filed two complaints: Mass BBB and Mass Ins Commission but that didn't even scare them. The next premium is due on November 1 and I told them I would not be paying it due to lack of any income.
They don't seem to care. I went to the doctor on Oct 2 and he confirmed that I still have the injury, and that it is worse.

What do I do now?

S

skipperd1

Disability Outrage-sucks to be you too!!

What`s up yo......
First of all, I feel your pain...........I am however fortunate to have surgery?? just recently 1Nov2001.........We`ll see...

Anyways, you had better get a WC attorney.....like fast!!
make sure he`s competent to handle your particular case too...

This seems to actually be my problem too!!
I was Injured on a gov contract overseas in "Japan".....Ruptured Disc(massive)L5/S1 that left me unable to even stand for 1.5 months!!!.....No help from anybody,,especially my employer....sounding familiar yet?
I`ve yet to date receive any compensation to date!!!(date of my injury Aug2000) Yep......Insurance co`s can sure make things difficult!!...........not an ounce of humanity!!!.......

I`ve borrowed substantial amounts of money from family and friends "God bless them" to even be where I am today!!
I`ve been away from my Wife and Kids since aug2001.........
So....
Anyways, get yourself an attorney........It`s going to be a long ride.............

Regards,Dennis

H

Herniated Disks

Um, I thought advice was given here free? You aren't a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">