• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fredzwifey

What is the name of your state? California

I am a manager at a large corp. I hurt myself at work and was treated badly by a few other managers during meetings (openly made remarks regarding injury) on many occasions. I am currently completely off of work--but was wondering if any thing can be done for workers- comp discrimination at work???

Beth3

Other than some smart-ass remarks from several co-workers, have you suffered any retalliation from the company for filing a worker's comp claim? Have you been denied benefits? Has your pay been cut? Have you been demoted? Have you been discharged?

You can complain to your manager about the behavior of these dopes or if they start up again after you get back to work, you can smile and tell them to just shut up. You were around the schoolyard long enough to know that most bullies only pick on the people who let them get away with it.

As things stand, you may have reason to complain to your boss but no reason to file a complaint with your State's WC Division. You simply haven't suffered any tangible damages or retalliation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">