• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Comp . . . Is EVIL!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

Overdrive

My husband was injured in June on the job in Virginia. His employer has been great, but the workers comp people have been evil.

My husband wants nothing more then to be healed and back to work. The doctors (there have been many) are still debating the exact nature of the injury and have tried every treatement known to man other then surgury (the next step)

The main problem we are having is that the workers comp people do not send the checks and are never available to talk. We leave at least a message a day and never get called back. I even called our case managers supervisor and left a detailed message and . . . nothing!

We only get a check once we have harrassed the workers comp for several weeks and then call my husband's employer. The employer can get a resonse from the workers comp people in less than one hour.

This is going on every week! What are my options?

Also is workers comp responsible for medications perscribed by his doctor? Right now "our" insurance is paying part but it is really starting to add up too.

P

PoohBear8

workers comp

this only helps with part of your problem, if at all. i live in pa and my brother was on wc for quite a while. in pa, wc pays 100% of prescriptions related to the wc injury. good luck and take care.

D

Donna32669

Evil Workers Comp. Insurer

These situations irritate me and make the industry look bad. I suggest you contact the Insurance Commissioner in your state to begin with and file a complaint, regardless. If your State works like Florida they MUST respond within a specified time or face penalties and they do NOT want that! In addition, Workers Comp usually not only covers 100% of Rx, also and supplies (bandages, canes, etc),and you should be keeping track of your mileage to the doctor. I have a workers comp. claim at this time for a wrist problem and have been offered a rental car with an automatic if I have problems with the "standard" that I own. So, they are not acting in acord with their contract with your Employer in my opinion, and shame on your employer for allowing them to run you around like this. They should assert their position as an insured and client, or contact their agent (I am sure he would hate to loose that big commission), and complain LOUDLY. You are entitled to many benefits by law, I suggest you do research the site suggested in the last post. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">