• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers' Comp Lawyer negligence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D. Compos

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CALIF.
I got a lawyer over a year ago for my Workers' Comp case and he never told me he wasn't going to tack on any of the related claims which I discussed with his people from day one! They never indicated that they would NOT handle these issues either. Now it's become almost impossible to get a response from them as soon as they realized that I caught their negligence and misleading ways. Is it to late to fire them? Can I get another lawyer,can this new one cover from where the other left off ? The only thing they've done for me is:Get me a doctor (who by the way made me worse) ,get me another because of my complaint,and arrange for my visit to a neutral doctor. They did call my ex-job's, adjuster once also because of a lost check.
Can't I just pay for the "services" received and get another lawyer? What if I want to sue the doctors who hurt me or misdiagnosed me..would it hurt my case? :mad:

seniorjudge

Q: Is it to late to fire them?

A: No. But don't look for any new lawyer to want to take on such a mess. It's up to you to make sure your lawyer (who is working for you) is doing his job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">