• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp& lawyers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

HEP

When a workers comp lawyer agree's to handle your case does all activity go through that lawyer or does the client have to do the leg work.such as setting up dr. appt. ,fight to get schedule payments back when w.c decides to stop sending checks,force thier clients back to work before being released as fit to work by the attending doctor?

A

Attorney_Replogle

Since I am only licensed in California, I can only state the laws of this jurisdiction regarding Workers' Compensation (WC). For more general information please see this web site's information on WC. The answer to your question is that a good, competent WC attorney will handle everything for the client. That includes all the things you mentioned. If your current attorney is not doing these things, you have a right to fire him/her and retain another. Do this!!! If your state is like California, then it regulates the total amount that the WC attorney can take from the settlement. It is something like 15% (I think,not sure. I know it is low compared to personal injury amounts which range from 40-50%). So you really have nothing to lose by retaining another attorney. Good luck!

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">