• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Concerned Sher

A major large company has bought out the company that I am working for. In the agreement, my position will be terminating approximately 18 months from date of agreement March 20,2000. I had 3 business days of date on agreement to respond to agree with the terms. In the terms, which I have written documentation stating from HR from the large company that I would receive my severance payment total of 12 weeks at any time even if I resign. I signed this agreement within the 3 business days agreeing to this. Due to the increase termination of employees the large company decided that they had made a mistake and is now not honoring the severance agreed upon. Six days after the first signed agreements were made the company came back and said they had misinterpreted the severance policy, which now is stated if you terminate your position with the company you will not receive your severance. Those individuals with the same agreement as me turned in their resignation within the 6 days of getting the revised agreement and did receive their severance. I feel that the company is breaking the signed agreement I agree upon. I do have signed documentation to prove all of this. Do you think I a valid case to pursue or not?

[This message has been edited by Concerned Sher (edited May 23, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">