• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

p.burns

Hello from Ky. My wife who works for a theological seminary was told by her supervisor that her health insurance provider was changing due to annual election .
At the time of the change she was paying $2.00 or $3.00/month for her insurance (HMO single plan). Her co-pays ranged anywhere from $5.00-$50.00 depending upin what services were required. Her new provider is charging them $15.00/month(single plan), and her co-pays are now from$10 - $100. I have health insurance through the company where I work that has a family for only $98.00 a month and $5.00 - $50.00 co-pays . Now to my gripe. My wifes employer says that she has to take the insurance and that she cannot be covered by mine as a primary insuree. I think it ludicrous that a company can treat employees this way when there is no reason whatsoever for her to carry insurance from her employment when she is fully covered under mine with fewer restrictions and lower payments. Sorry for the diatribe , but if there is anyone who can tell me of any kind of recourse to this situation I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You.

ALawyer

Call the KY Insurance Department and ask. They have a fine and helpful department and a great Commissioner and great Assistant Commissioner.

P

p.burns

Thanks ALawyer

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my inquiry. I hope I can find some kind of relief from them. It's not the money , I waste more than that on cigarettes in a few days , it's just the principle behind it, to use an old saw. Again many thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">