• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

working a position, not getting paid for that position

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sylvie33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
Hi,

I am located in San Antonio Texas, I have been working for target for 9 months now. After the baker quit I have been working as the baker (for the past 5 months now) after asking several times about officially getting the position and pay to match I finally got high enough up to management. But now all of a sudden starting next week my schedule has me in another department, and since it is a computer that does our scheduling I know that someone had to override it to put me there....my question is simple....is this legal and if not is there really anything can do about it?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, it is legal. What law do you think exists that would make it illegal?

sylvie33

Well that's interesting, however I spoke to someone at the Texas workforce office after posting this and was told something completely different. I guess this site just isn't what it used to be, it's a shame used to be a fantastic resource.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, you didn't. Since you posted this the TWC has been closed.

Tell me, what did they allegedly tell you? Then I'll post a link to the law that says otherwise.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">