• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working as Innkeeper in kind for apartment attached

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cramfam

What is the name of your state? NH

I am working currently in kind for the attached apartment to the inn I work in. I am working for the gentleman leasing the said inn. The owner has the inn for sale with the agreement that the leaser (my boss) has the right of first refusal. The real estate agent is insisting I let people into my apartment to show it. Do I have to allow him in? I don't like the invasion of my privacy and that of my family as I have 2 young children. If someone knows about NH law please let me know as I do know that as a "renter" I do NOT have to allow an agent in even with 24 hours notice, but I am not sure how this applies to an apartment that is "attached" to a business. Thank you so much for your time!

BelizeBreeze

cramfam said:
What is the name of your state? NH

I am working currently in kind for the attached apartment to the inn I work in. I am working for the gentleman leasing the said inn. The owner has the inn for sale with the agreement that the leaser (my boss) has the right of first refusal. The real estate agent is insisting I let people into my apartment to show it. Do I have to allow him in? I don't like the invasion of my privacy and that of my family as I have 2 young children. If someone knows about NH law please let me know as I do know that as a "renter" I do NOT have to allow an agent in even with 24 hours notice, but I am not sure how this applies to an apartment that is "attached" to a business. Thank you so much for your time!
Do you have to let them in? Yes. Under what conditions? The statute only stipulates "reasonable Notice". what that means depends on what you consider reasonable.

Tell the agent you require 24 hours notice including the times he will be showing and no more than one hour per day. That, to me, would be reasonable with small children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">