• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working out of state? Prevailing wage? Discrimination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adjusterjack

Sorry AJ, but the new tax law eliminated those deductions entirely.
Duh. I knew that. A brain fart transported me back in time to the days when I used Form 2106 for so many years that the form number is embedded in my brain along with my Army service number from longer ago that I'd care to admit. ;)

StefanieK

The law does not entitle you to a bonus. Even if other people get them. The law does not entitle you to be paid a premium to travel. The law does not entitle you to anything extra, as a matter of fact. You are getting paid more than double the federal minimum wage and almost double the higher of the two state minimum wages, so I don't know what more you can expect.
Look, i never said anything about expectation. I was asking for information regarding state laws. No reason to be so nasty about it. As it turns out, it IS a Federal Contract, and had you not posted what you did, i may never have figured out that a Federal/Government contract has prevailing wage laws, so thank you for your input.

StefanieK

Duh. I knew that. A brain fart transported me back in time to the days when I used Form 2106 for so many years that the form number is embedded in my brain along with my Army service number from longer ago that I'd care to admit. ;)
Hey i really appreciate your input all the same. Thank you.

StefanieK

Hey guys.....got another question for ya....

In regards to earned vacation time, is it up to the employers discretion as to when i can use my vacation time?
For example, if i request my time off the first week of February, can he deny me for any reason he sees fit?

I live in IN

I appreciate any and all feedback.
Ty

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Absolutely. Your employer has absolutely no obligation under the law to let you take your vacation whenever you want. He can deny you because it's Thursday and he wouldn't be in violation of anything.

StefanieK

Absolutely. Your employer has absolutely no obligation under the law to let you take your vacation whenever you want. He can deny you because it's Thursday and he wouldn't be in violation of anything.[/QUOTE

I figured that. Just wanted to make sure before i let myself get upset about it if he denies it. I will say thats pretty silly theres nothing outlining vacation pay. But i suppose thats more of a privilege with an employer than a right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">