• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

working outside USA for a LPR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? CA
I hold the green card near 3 years now.
I also accumulated about 2 years 8 months
resident time in USA. duaing those time I have job and pay tax.
several months ago I had been laid off.
as a computer engineer it's very hard to find a new job now.
my native country just offer a pretty good job for me recently.
even work over there payment is lower but still better
get unemployment insurance in US and I don't want waste my life
too longer time. I think Ic an work for them for about one or 2 year and wait for USA economic become better then come back to work.
but if I go abroad. I will do something to maintain my continous
1.go back USA every 5 months and stay one week.
2.report all my working income and pay tax to USA government.
3.at the time when I accumulate 30 months continous residency
in USA 2 years later Iwill come back to apply the naturalization of US citizen.
I still prefer to live in US. but it's really hard to find a suitable
job here.
do you think my plan will be working leagally or not?
any one can give me some better suggestion?
think you!


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential