• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

working with fam..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KMpike

Georgia

Out of college I was hired on as a sales rep for a large uniform company that my aunt worked for. She told me that she could not hire me and if someone else in the company would that I could never work directly under her. Every thing was fine untill about 2 months ago when my sales manager quit and my aunt steped down from southeast sales mgr. to my manager with out asking if it was ok with me. Well it is an uneasy environment and and adds about 10 times more stress to my job. I talked to my aunt first and she told me to talk to the GM about the matter and I did. I told him that I would like a diffrent position, to make a long story short he said I should not let it bother me and that I was not 100% of quota so pick my sales up and mabye then I could move. What do I do? Can they just fire me over this? Do I have a legal leg to stand of if I am fired??

thanks for any advice
Kevin

Last edited:

Beth3

"What do I do?" Your choices are to stay put and hope for the best or start looking for a new opportunity outside the company.

"Can they just fire me over this?" If they want to, yes.

"Do I have a legal leg to stand of if I am fired??" No. Firing you because your aunt transferred into your division and they do not want to have family members working together is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">