• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working without the Pay increase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
:mad:What is the name of your state? Washington

Recently about three months ago, I was promoted to a postion that would have increased my wage... however its now been three months and no pay incease.... how if any way can i get back pay for them thinking they can screw me over like this.... its very unprofessional and disappointing to see a major corporation not give a damn about the people that are working with the customers who buy the products....

what are my options?

HELP.HELP.HELP....... PLEASE! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:


Senior Member
Losha14 said:
what are my options?
First you could show a bit of maturity.

Were you TOLD or have a contract stating your compensation would increase?

If the answer is yes to either, not just your THOUGHTS, then it could have been a book keeping error in which your NEW pay schedule was not entered into the records.

Soooo, have you ask anyone or are you just ASSuming you would get a raise?


Senior Member
Have you discussed the matter with your manager or, as pojo asks, did you just assume you would receive a pay increase?

If you are unhappy with your level of compensation, then the proper way to approach this is to have a conversation with your manager (during which I suggest you leave out any reference to being "screwed over.") If you were told you'd receive a pay raise when you were promoted and it hasn't shown up on your paycheck, then the proper thing to do is to inform your manager of the problem so he or she can resolve it.


I'm a Northern Girl
For the record, you have no legal right to a pay increase.

Barring a bona fide contract that says otherwise, the ONLY time you are entitled by law to a pay increase is if you are working at exactly minimum wage, and minimum wage is raised by either your state legislature or an act of Congress.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential