• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workman Comp for Alimony.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roddyp

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I am from Hawaii. I have been marriaged for 30 years. During those years my wife have worked except for last 5 years. I am pernament disabled and on a fixed income from lifetime workman comp and social security for past 6 years. My lifetime workman' comp. in on appeal with the State of Hawaii. I don't understand how my wife is entitle/asking for aliomony on my workman comp. checks. After all bills including mortgage is pay off I only have $400 left for food, gas, and entertainment and she is asking for $900/mo aliomny. When she is an intelligent person with computer skills and can get a job much easier and I am illiterate. Please help.

Dan

LdiJ

Roddyp said:
What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I am from Hawaii. I have been marriaged for 30 years. During those years my wife have worked except for last 5 years. I am pernament disabled and on a fixed income from lifetime workman comp and social security for past 6 years. My lifetime workman' comp. in on appeal with the State of Hawaii. I don't understand how my wife is entitle/asking for aliomony on my workman comp. checks. After all bills including mortgage is pay off I only have $400 left for food, gas, and entertainment and she is asking for $900/mo aliomny. When she is an intelligent person with computer skills and can get a job much easier and I am illiterate. Please help.

Dan
You have been married for 30 years. Is there no way to save your marriage?

Otherwise, you probably need to at least consult an attorney. Unless she was the primary breadwinner for those 30 years...alimony may be a reality.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">