• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmens Compensation Buy-out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

francine89

What is the name of your state?NEW YORK,NY
I HAVE A LIFE TIME ANNUITY FOR WORKMENS COMPENSATION.MY YEARLY INCOME IS $13,500.00 A YEAR. PRESENTLY 55 YEARS OLD, I WOULD LIKE TO OFFER A LUMP SUM PAYMENT IN EXCHANGE FOR MY LONG TERM PAYMENTS GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THE MOST OF MY LIFE TIME SETTLEMENT. PLEASE ADVISE

ALawyer

I do not know off the top of my head if NY allows workers comp payments to be assigned so that they can be bought by a 3rd party for a lump sum. The best bet is for you to determine your life expenctancy -- based on your health and sex and age. Multiple it by your annual WC annuity payment. That will be the total expected payout over your lifetime. Divide in half. Discount it to present value at today's interest rates for Baa paper equal to the duration of the the half life. Then ask the WC carrier what it would pay you for a buy out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">