• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workmen's compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

penemart

My nephew was injured in Colorado four years ago. He worked in construction and fell, breaking his ankle and back. He collected WC for about 8 months and then went back to work for a different company. He was unable to work because of his original injuries. Can he go back and file against the company where he was first injured?

L

LadyBlu

penemart said:
My nephew was injured in Colorado four years ago. He worked in construction and fell, breaking his ankle and back. He collected WC for about 8 months and then went back to work for a different company. He was unable to work because of his original injuries. Can he go back and file against the company where he was first injured?
When he was released from Dr's care to return to work he should have been given a MMI (Maximum Medical Improvement) rating, and lifetime medical on his back and ankle.

When you ask if he can file against the original company do you mean as in sue them?
If so, not sure what the statute of limitations is in CO but here in X it is 2yrs.

Also, depending on his MMI he may be able to receive benefits for periods of unemployment due to his injury. Have him consult with a Workers Comp Injury attorney in CO to see what his rights are.

I am going through the fight of my life with TX WCC right now, but looks like there may be a light at the end of the tunnel, it isnt easy to win against the Insurance Carrier though.

Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">