• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gramercy

An update for those of you interested.
We filed a grievance based upon "inequitable treatment".
The member and I met with the supervisor and management wherein the supervisor insisted that the member be placed upon a Plan of Assistance, based on a number of assinine complaints, (for example: while the member was on vacation, the office ran out of pink paper) this was also in her evaluation. During the meeting we reduced the POA to "Performance Expectations", which we hope will be expunged as one of the remedies of the grievance. The issue of bathroom breaks and phone calls was resolved with a simple flip of the phone messaging switch (duh), but more importantly, management is becoming aware of the supervisor's declining credibility.
Any questions, comments, or advice is welcome!
Thank you, All.

gramercy

I mentioned it in the first post.
But, it was easy to miss, as I was looking for the illegality of an employee being punished for missing a phone call while going to the bathroom. It didn't turn into a union issue until it was made clear that there were no laws broken.
Thank you!

mlane58

I mentioned it in the first post.
But, it was easy to miss, as I was looking for the illegality of an employee being punished for missing a phone call while going to the bathroom. It didn't turn into a union issue until it was made clear that there were no laws broken.
Thank you!
Better look again, nowhere is a union mentioned. You did mention a contract, but that could mean several different things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">