• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workplace threat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scared

Two weeks ago, I was informed by co-workers that threats were being made against me by another co-worker. I do the payroll and he said that I cheated him out of some of his pay and said that he was going to get his gun and come after me. He told others that I had better "watch my back". I was sent home for the remainder of that day and this particular employee was terminated. I was really frightened that he might come back and follow through with his threat, that I called off the following work day. I was then called at home by my supervisor and basically told it was my fault that it happened. I returned to work the next day, against my gut feelings. I was so nervous and afraid that this guy might show up, that I ended up resigning two days later. This Friday will be my last day and I do not have another job yet. I have been working hard and have a lot of people working for me to help find something, but because of my age, I am finding it hard. Do I have any legal rights against my employer? Is there any way they might be liable to compensate me for time off because of this?

H

Henry J

GET A LAWYER RIGHT NOW, IMMEDIATELY, BEFORE YOU LEAVE WORK. YOU MAY TRY TO RESCIND THE RESIGNATION, PERHAPS ARGUE IT WAS COMPELLED BY BOSS AND NOT VOLUNTARY. A GOOD EMPLOYMENT LAWYER CAN HELP YOU KEEP YOUR JOB OR GET THE COMPANY TO DO RIGHT BY YOU. BET GO TO A LAWYER NOW AS SHE CAN HELP YOU !!!!!!!!!

This is not a criminal matter but an employment law matter and I don't do employment. But

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">