• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

works compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? California
If I'm injured on the job. They send me to a Doctor, that sent me back to work with restrictions. I'm in pain on Med's, my boss tells my they don't want me there in pain to go home and get better. Should my wages be cover under works compensation, or will I need to use my sick pay in order to receive wages. If I need to use my sick pay- if I return to the Doctor and the Doctor writes me off would the works compensation pick up at that time?


Senior Member
If the employer sends you home due to the injury or is unable to provide work for you within any light duty restrictions you have, yes, the company's worker's comp carrier should provide disability income to you. Most States have a waiting period before benefits are paid. It's 3 days in my State; I know of others that are 7. Unfortunately, I don't know what CA's is.

You may want to use your sick pay to fill in for any waiting period days that aren't paid.

You should contact your supervisor, HR person, or safety manager and ask about indemnity payments from the W.C. carrier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential