• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worried for an adopted friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anonymous143

My friend always comes to me and she tells me about her adopted father and how he always starts a fight with her about anything she does, he always tries to turn the entire house against her and she never knew why. Until he told her that he wanted her to try and she thought that meant she needed to talk to him more and be more interactive so she did that, but he just got mad again no matter what she did. He took her phone, tv, home and school computer and any clothes he felt were too 'sexy', but instead of throwing them away she says he keeps them in a bag in his room. creepy much? she says when she hugs him (which she HAS to or else all hell will break loose) he gets angry because she covers her breast when she doesn't have a bra on. My friend hasn't flat out said it but I'm beginning to think that he doesn't want her to try just by talking with him. I think he is sick, bipolar, and a pervert and he wants her to try sexually. She feels like she can't tell her mom anything because she will choose him, and there is no one but them to care for her. does she just have to suck it up and cry to herself overnight because there's nothing that can be done?

t74

She needs to go to a counselor or social worker at her school. As a friend you should encourage her to talk to adults who can help her rather than taking this burden on yourself. Be her friend and do fun things together and let the professionals deal with other issues.

Just Blue

My friend always comes to me and she tells me about her adopted father and how he always starts a fight with her about anything she does, he always tries to turn the entire house against her and she never knew why. Until he told her that he wanted her to try and she thought that meant she needed to talk to him more and be more interactive so she did that, but he just got mad again no matter what she did. He took her phone, tv, home and school computer and any clothes he felt were too 'sexy', but instead of throwing them away she says he keeps them in a bag in his room. creepy much? she says when she hugs him (which she HAS to or else all hell will break loose) he gets angry because she covers her breast when she doesn't have a bra on. My friend hasn't flat out said it but I'm beginning to think that he doesn't want her to try just by talking with him. I think he is sick, bipolar, and a pervert and he wants her to try sexually. She feels like she can't tell her mom anything because she will choose him, and there is no one but them to care for her. does she just have to suck it up and cry to herself overnight because there's nothing that can be done?
What US state is this in?

anonymous143

She needs to go to a counselor or social worker at her school. As a friend you should encourage her to talk to adults who can help her rather than taking this burden on yourself. Be her friend and do fun things together and let the professionals deal with other issues.
I just want to say thank you for your advice. This wasn’t my friend. It was actually me. I was afraid and I didn’t know what to do about the situation. I went to the counselor after I read this response and although the court found him not guilty because of lack of ‘evidence’ I was removed from that environment. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I just want to say thank you for your advice. This wasn’t my friend. It was actually me. I was afraid and I didn’t know what to do about the situation. I went to the counselor after I read this response and although the court found him not guilty because of lack of ‘evidence’ I was removed from that environment. I thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you for the update.

I am glad that you found adults who listened to you, and helped you find you a more healthy home environment.

Best wishes for your future endeavors - you're a strong person.

Reactions: t74

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">