• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would a promise by a friend to pay all of my child support for me for 18+ years in the event of a bilateral epididymectomy failure be legally binding?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futurist

It is fairly rare for US state courts to accept citations of opinion from other US state courts. It does happen sometimes, but it is fairly rare and is only treated seriously when the laws of the two states in question are basically the same.
Child support laws aren't too different among US states, no?

quincy

Serious questions: Is having sex with a woman something you are actually contemplating doing at some point in time, Futurist? Is there any woman currently in your life that is actually contemplating having sex with you?

You have been mulling over the idea of castration for close to seven years now. I can’t believe this is solely because you have a fear of paying child support.

Have you spoken with a medical professional? If not, I recommend you do.

Futurist

Yet your contact with over 100 Lloyds brokers appears to suggest that your presumption is wrong.

If you think the risk is so small you are welcome to assume the risk yourself.
I don't believe that the risk is that small; it's just that various people are telling me that the risk is very small.

Keep telling yourself that.

Bottom line: You make a baby you pay child support.

Thinking of ways to not pay child support is delusional.

Considering your posting history, it's likely that this thread will be locked soon.
Wouldn't that nullify even child support insurance, though? That's also a vehicle for substantively (albeit not formally) transferring your child support obligation to another, third party to the maximum extent that they are indeed capable of paying this obligation in your place, after all.

Futurist

Serious questions: Is having sex with a woman something you are actually contemplating doing at some point in time, Futurist? Is there any woman currently in your life that is actually contemplating having sex with you?
Not yet.

You have been mulling over the idea of castration for close to seven years now. I can’t believe this is solely because you have a fear of paying child support.
I've switched to focusing on a bilateral epididymectomy by now, actually.

Have you spoken with a medical professional? If not, I recommend you do.
I did find a couple of doctors in Texas who are willing to perform bilateral epididymectomies for sterilization purposes for a payment of a couple thousand dollars out of one's own pockets.

quincy

Not yet.

I did find a couple of doctors in Texas who are willing to perform bilateral epididymectomies for sterilization purposes for a payment of a couple thousand dollars out of one's own pockets.
Thank you for answering my questions.

Have you thought of taking the money you are currently saving for the bilateral epididymectomy and investing it instead for any future child that might come from a future sexual relationship? Or do you just want to avoid having children entirely?

Although it is good that you have discussed the surgical procedure with a couple of doctors in Texas, I was actually thinking of a psychologist/psychiatrist when I mentioned you seeking out a medical professional.

The type of surgery you have been thinking about, and your discussion here about a contract with a friend, are pretty drastic ways to avoid child support. There appears to be an underlying issue that needs to be addressed before you act on any of your ideas.

Last edited:

Futurist

Thank you for answering my questions.

Have you thought of taking the money you are currently saving for the bilateral epididymectomy and investing it instead for any future child that might come from a future sexual relationship? Or do you just want to avoid having children entirely?

Although it is good that you have discussed the surgical procedure with a couple of doctors in Texas, I was actually thinking of a psychologist/psychiatrist when I mentioned you seeking out a medical professional.

The type of surgery you have been thinking about, and your discussion here about a contract with a friend, are pretty drastic ways to avoid child support. There appears to be an underlying issue that needs to be addressed before you act on any of your ideas.
Rather than teaching me about risk management, you'd be better off paying my child support for 18+ years in my place in the event of a bilateral epididymectomy failure. I need that surgery because otherwise I won't be able to have any sex at all--ever! And of course three successful/negative semen analyses afterwards and before any sex ever actually occurs.

Futurist

I'd tell my therapist the exact same thing, BTW: Pay all of my child support for me for 18+ years in the event of a bilateral epididymectomy failure, or else don't lecture me at all about any risk management!

quincy

Rather than teaching me about risk management, you'd be better off paying my child support for 18+ years in my place in the event of a bilateral epididymectomy failure. I need that surgery because otherwise I won't be able to have any sex at all--ever! And of course three successful/negative semen analyses afterwards and before any sex ever actually occurs.
Ahh. Okay ...

Good luck to you.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Not yet.

So... after 5-6 years, you having sex with an actual woman is still a hypothetical.

Stop worrying about making unwanted babies with a hypothetical willing woman.

A better use of your time would be therapy.

Futurist

So... after 5-6 years, you having sex with an actual woman is still a hypothetical.

Stop worrying about making unwanted babies with a hypothetical willing woman.

A better use of your time would be therapy.
I'm simply currently following the advice of people who tell men to keep it in their pants if they never want to risk being forced to pay child support. But of course telling women who don't want to risk being forced to keep a pregnancy to term to keep her legs closed is considered completely unacceptable. Double standards for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">