• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would like to Void and Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextwife

You asked if you could void an adoption done years ago on the basis of the fact that now, you or the child are having a lot of problems to deal with. And you were answered.

NO, one cannot give up their parentage, whether bio or adoptive, if a child has or develops problems. Once adopted, a parents obligations to their child is no different than if that child had been born to them.

Uniongurl77

Veronica1228, my apologies. I think I stated somewhere in here, maybe not, that I have not been on this site before. I thought I had this set to notify me of PMs, I did not. I did receive your requests, just didn't know it. So, I'm sorry for that.

Also, I posted privately as I really didn't see the need for the public to read, I guess I was wrong on that. Please do not misunderstand my intentions, I do not fear the public reading anything I sent to you.

Regardless, I made an error and feel the need to apologize.

Mbarr

Thank you all for nothing but trying to beat down a parent that has truely done everything in her power to try to save a child she adores.
And your first post indicates your adoration in what manner?
I have had countless problems with her and I am looking at either a residential school for her, a military school, or to return her to live with her father. I am also considering voiding the adoption if I do return her to her father.
Right. That's just how loving parents react. :rolleyes:

Put on your big girl panties and grow up. Parenting is tough, more so for some children than others. The only info you gave is "countless problems" with a 15 year old. Big whoop; lots of parents can say the same. Most don't turn tail and run. You gave no facts which would indicate that voiding the adoption has any benefit to the child, therefore we are left to presume that the only benefit is to you.
And Mbarr, the child support question is so out of line, you really do make me nauseous.
I'm feeling a mite queasy myself. Spineless weasel usually turns my stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">