• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ Of Execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mcdo

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Sumter County, SC Writ of Execution not served. What is my recourse?

Since July 2022 my writ of execution has not been served against the defendant. Though the receipt from the USPS shows that it (and all relevant documents) has been picked up and signed by 2 agents, I've been given the runaround by Sheriff department.

zddoodah

Hasn't been served by whom? On whom? For what purpose (i.e., what are you seeking to levy against)?

Why is the USPS involved? Who mailed what to whom? What does the reference to "2 agents" means? Agents of whom?

quincy

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Sumter County, SC Writ of Execution not served. What is my recourse?

Since July 2022 my writ of execution has not been served against the defendant. Though the receipt from the USPS shows that it (and all relevant documents) has been picked up and signed by 2 agents, I've been given the runaround by Sheriff department.
Do you reside in South Carolina, mcdo, or is that only where the “defendant” lives?

What type of writ did you get (against property, against person, for possession of property)?

It is possible that the defendant (judgment-debtor, I assume) has successfully evaded service. It is possible that the sheriffs could not locate the property in question. Other possibilities exist.

What sort of problems are you having getting answers from the sheriffs?

Would you care to provide more details? I briefly reviewed your posting history on this forum but can’t see that you have posted about this before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">