• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of Garnishment process is Oregon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mission123

In Oregon, what is the time period after a Judgment was issued to when a Writ of Garnishment can be ordered? Is there a 30 day period?

I was issued a judgment from a creditor. I have been in contact with their attorney over the past two months regarding the judgment attempting to make payment arrangements. The attorney stated that I could not make payment arrangements until the judgment was issued. I was served, the judgment was issued, and now a Writ of Garnishment is being issued. (My employer has not been served with the Writ of Garnishment.)

According to the attorney, the judgment was issued 10/01/08, and a Writ of Garnishment was requested on 10/16/08. They didn't allow me to make payment arrangements with them - apparently, only serve the garnishment.

What can I do now? Can I fight the garnishment?

seniorjudge

In Oregon, what is the time period after a Judgment was issued to when a Writ of Garnishment can be ordered? Is there a 30 day period?

I was issued a judgment from a creditor. I have been in contact with their attorney over the past two months regarding the judgment attempting to make payment arrangements. The attorney stated that I could not make payment arrangements until the judgment was issued. I was served, the judgment was issued, and now a Writ of Garnishment is being issued. (My employer has not been served with the Writ of Garnishment.)

According to the attorney, the judgment was issued 10/01/08, and a Writ of Garnishment was requested on 10/16/08. They didn't allow me to make payment arrangements with them - apparently, only serve the garnishment.

What can I do now? Can I fight the garnishment?
Collection of Judgements

That's info on garnishments. The creditor doesn't have to wait any longer on you.

Their reasoning: You already had a payment arrangement and did not fulfill that one; so why do another?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">