• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writ of Mandamus - Unemployment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chattylarsen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA - My employer lied to the EDD, saying I abandoned my job and did not call in. Benefits were denied at first and second appeal. I am now at the writ stage...I subpoenaed the telephone records for my cell which will prove that the employer lied and I did call in, in fact, many times (and spoke to her). How do I get these admitted into evidence? EDD, even tho the little pamphlet says they will help you get docs. you need, will not help. I requested a subpena before the first hearing and was denied...long story and very frustrating...I just want to prove to EDD I am not the liar, employer is. Getting these records in as evidence is like pulling teeth. Please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">