• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

writing a letter to husbands ex wife.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rvela

houston tx, :
I have been having problems with husbands ex-wife for about 4 years now.
she is taking her anger out on me and using the kids to do so.
she is not a very reasonable person and she can not seem to talk to me in a reasonable manner.
I have been thinking about writing her a letter to ask it to stop.
not asking her to like me, but that I am expecting her not to treat me so bad and not to use the kids to make me feel bad.

what are the legal aspects I should consider and should I even bother.

I forsee us going to court again in the future. her and I. she
can't seem to go with out causing trouble. I knind of hope that this letter would be a marker that at least I wanted peace. and that she evedently was happy with they chaos.
I need some input, i don;t want to dig a grave.
thank you :confused:

tigger22472

I was in a some what similar situation once and a letter worked for me. My boyfriends ex wife had called the house to talk to him and when he wasn't home she proceeded to tell me what she wanted. It was about this time last year as a matter of fact because it concerned his taxes and something they have set up in their decree. I continually told her he was gone for overnight and I would have him call her as soon as he got home but that I didn't want in the middle of it. She proceeded to scream and hollar at me and then hung up on me. This was the first time she'd actually yelled at me. There had been several times that she'd yelled at him over little things and I always kept my mouth shut to bring piece. In the end he talked to her and settled it but I in turn wrote her a letter. I believe it was like 2 pages long. I let her know that if she ever needed me to do anything for her children(she has another child that isn't my bf's) I would be more then happy to help her out. I pointed out that she'd best be happy that I was around because when she would anger him he came up with some off the wall things to do to her that would of only made things worse. I let her know that I supported him 100% on decisions that he made but anything that I thought was stupid or just plain revengeful I tried to talk him out of. In the end we went one day to pick his daughter up one day and I laid it on her kitchen counter. I'm sure she read it but we've never ever mentioned it. Today she and I get along wonderfully.

kat1963

Personally, I wouldn't bother and it could come back to bite you in the fanny. You couldn't possibly word it kind enough or good enough for some bias judge to find fault with it and find that you are interferring. Type it up, stick it in a folder that has a password. Heck, type several and do the same...I do...maybe we can exchange letters! *LOL* Some bio's can be reasoned with, such as the above poster...somehow, it just does not seem to me yours is one of those. My advice, clam up, refuse to communicate in ANY WAY with her (they hate that) and just let it roll off your back. And do like my Nana says "When someone talks bad about you, live so no one believes them".

Regards;

KAT

S

stepmominneed

I have been in

the same situation as you. My husband's ex-wife and I don't get along at all. I have often wanted to tell her what I thought of her and some other things. But in the end, I think it is better that you don't write her. I wrote my husband's ex once to try and convince her that her and I should get along, for the child's sake. It didn't work. That isn't something I will ever do again.

It is all your decision as to what you want to do. I hope all the best for you.

nailtech

"Killem with Kindness" that was my mothers theory... and it really works..... the nicer you are when there yelling, the calmer they will become...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">