• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

writing judge help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alwaysbehind

What is the name of your state?Indiana
I have a warrent for my arrest for back child support and Its about 18mths old Its for 5,000.00 I don`t have that kind of money. I have been paying my child support regularly for about 7mths now. What I need to know is can`t I write a letter to the judge and explain what my situation is.If he will can drop the warrent or am I going to have to go turn myself in and sit in jail and then I will lose my job and I will be right back in the same position I was in when this whole thing started. Also my ex hasn`t let me have the children in a year but , my mom is allowed to see them and that is how I see them but she live a great distance away from us so its far and few between.

BelizeBreeze

alwaysbehind said:
What is the name of your state?Indiana
I have a warrent for my arrest for back child support and Its about 18mths old Its for 5,000.00 I don`t have that kind of money. I have been paying my child support regularly for about 7mths now. What I need to know is can`t I write a letter to the judge and explain what my situation is.If he will can drop the warrent or am I going to have to go turn myself in and sit in jail and then I will lose my job and I will be right back in the same position I was in when this whole thing started. Also my ex hasn`t let me have the children in a year but , my mom is allowed to see them and that is how I see them but she live a great distance away from us so its far and few between.
The judge will throw your letter in the trash. It's called ex-parte communications and is not allowed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">