• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writing script about someone who died

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helloitstataw

To whom it may concern,

Hello hope you’re having a great day

I’m a filmmaker and I’m willing to work on a new screenplay, and I was wondering if it would bring about any problem for me if I write in regards to a person who unfortunately died in 2010.

I tried so hard to contact a member of her family or relatives however I wasn’t able to find any surviving family member to contact them.

Is it necessary for me to buy acquire the life story rights?

I definitely appreciate the time you take

quincy

To whom it may concern,

Hello hope you’re having a great day

I’m a filmmaker and I’m willing to work on a new screenplay, and I was wondering if it would bring about any problem for me if I write in regards to a person who unfortunately died in 2010.

I tried so hard to contact a member of her family or relatives however I wasn’t able to find any surviving family member to contact them.

Is it necessary for me to buy acquire the life story rights?

I definitely appreciate the time you take
What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

Some "personality" rights survive death, in some states and under some circumstances.

quincy

You should check out publicity rights/personality rights in your country. The laws in the US differ in significant ways from those in Iran and those in Canada.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">