• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong information!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

justenough

I was wondering if there was anything I could do about a story that was aired on local tv station in Missouri, where the information that was broadcast was very incorrect, and that in result putting a black mark on the case involved, briefly, it was reported that a person was related to another that was well known for manufacturing methanphetamin which infact this person doesnt even know who this person is! and this wasnt looked at too likely by the judge because of this wrongful information that was blurted all over the media! can i sue for deflamtion or slander or somthing like that /? thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

justenough said:
I was wondering if there was anything I could do about a story that was aired on local tv station in Missouri, where the information that was broadcast was very incorrect, and that in result putting a black mark on the case involved, briefly, it was reported that a person was related to another that was well known for manufacturing methanphetamin which infact this person doesnt even know who this person is! and this wasnt looked at too likely by the judge because of this wrongful information that was blurted all over the media! can i sue for deflamtion or slander or somthing like that /? thank you[/QUOTRees

My response:

Who knows? You may have a relative you never knew about. You know how them Missourians have sex with each family member in the trailer park, don't you? So, don't get your tighty whiteys in a bunch. It's more than probably true.

So, you can't sue for "deflamation".

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">