• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cindyt110

Charged with a misd. the report has correct name however on court document, State vs.....has my wrong name that I've not used in over 20 years, I guess this doesn't matter or does it? I will contact Clerk's Office but just wanted to see if anything can come of it? TY I live in FL

cindyt110

That's what I thought. Even if they dismissed case and reopened with new name. Makes no sense to use 2 different names one I've not used in 20+ years and the cop even asked me about. Thx for reply....was just hoping there'd be a loophole, lol

quincy

Charged with a misd. the report has correct name however on court document, State vs.....has my wrong name that I've not used in over 20 years, I guess this doesn't matter or does it? I will contact Clerk's Office but just wanted to see if anything can come of it? TY I live in FL
That is an amendable error.

If you are charged with a misdemeanor, you would be smart to hire an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">