• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong place, wrong time

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coyotej

What is the name of your state?

I live in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. A friend of mine was recently at a house that was raided by the local cops. The guy who owns the house was a coworker and they did electrical work together. He was there for 10 minutes going over plans for a job and he went outside and called me on my cell. He was in the street talking to me when the raid took place. He was brought inside the house and searched. They found 4 vicodin that he had for his back he recently pulled out. The cops wrote him up for having 7 oxycotin in his pocket because he didn't cooperate by not giving up names because he didn't know anything. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time as one detective said. When they arrested him for possession of a controlled substance which was a felony charge they told him all he has to agree to is to say that he bought pills off of this guy and that he does them recreationally and he will be let go. He agreed to it and then they still pressed charges. How many pills do you have to have on you for a felony charge? He kept telling them he only had 4 vicodins and they said it didn't matter and wrote him up for 7 oxycotin. He has to take drug tests for work and he passed one 2 weeks ago and he just took another when he got out of jail and passed it. They were trying to make him out to be a junkie. He has no criminal history other than a dui 5 years ago. What are the chances of getting him to be able to reduce it from a felony? What are the changes of him getting jail time? Also, is there a loophole because he wasn't on the property when the raid took place? The guys house who sold 40 oxycotin to the cops twice was not even arrested because they made a deal.

pojo2

Simple and I am surprised someone hasn't thought of it, he just gets a statement from the Physician who prescribes the pills for him and heads to court.

Right that's what I thought, no Physician!

Sorry his drug connect is gone!

HomeGuru

coyotej said:
What is the name of your state?

I live in the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. A friend of mine was recently at a house that was raided by the local cops. The guy who owns the house was a coworker and they did electrical work together. He was there for 10 minutes going over plans for a job and he went outside and called me on my cell. He was in the street talking to me when the raid took place. He was brought inside the house and searched. They found 4 vicodin that he had for his back he recently pulled out. The cops wrote him up for having 7 oxycotin in his pocket because he didn't cooperate by not giving up names because he didn't know anything. He was at the wrong place at the wrong time as one detective said. When they arrested him for possession of a controlled substance which was a felony charge they told him all he has to agree to is to say that he bought pills off of this guy and that he does them recreationally and he will be let go. He agreed to it and then they still pressed charges. How many pills do you have to have on you for a felony charge? He kept telling them he only had 4 vicodins and they said it didn't matter and wrote him up for 7 oxycotin. He has to take drug tests for work and he passed one 2 weeks ago and he just took another when he got out of jail and passed it. They were trying to make him out to be a junkie. He has no criminal history other than a dui 5 years ago. What are the chances of getting him to be able to reduce it from a felony? What are the changes of him getting jail time? Also, is there a loophole because he wasn't on the property when the raid took place? The guys house who sold 40 oxycotin to the cops twice was not even arrested because they made a deal.

**A: thanks for your story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">