• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong shot to newborn

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KANDCT

In California,
My baby recieved an incorrect immunization at the hospital the day she was born. The nurse came in and told me she had given her the wrong shot, 4 hours later and right after my husband left the room to go get a drink in the cafeteria. Our pediatrician was contacted and she researched for any possible side effects. We waited for the "normal reaction" which had an incubation period of 7-10 days. The only problem is how do we know if our baby would only have the "normal" reaction since this is not a shot that is given to newborns. My whole family and I stressed and waited, and waited. So far no reaction. I have contacted and met with head of nursing and to make it short recieved a "I'm sorry letter hope all is well"
Now people are telling me I should get a lawyer and make sure that the hospital is held liable?? What do you think.

P

PamSJS

Dear Mom:

You have every right to be concerned. Indeed, although the "normal reaction" did not occur, that does not mean your baby will not suffer long term effects from the nurses negligence.

Contact your State Board of Nursing and file a complaint. Also, contact the hospital licensing authority for California and do the same. In addition, see a medical malpractice attorney ASAP.

Best of luck and God bless!

PamSJS

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">