• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong speed limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MistyP

What is the name of your state? WA State

I was pulled over for going 64 mph down a hill by a cop passing me in the other direction. When he pulled me over he said that it was a 45 mph zone and gave me a ticket for going 19 over. But, the speed limit is actually 50 mph. Can I get the ticket dropped since he wrote the wrong speed limit on the ticket, therefore making my ticket incorrect? Should I ask for a hearing to contest?

seniorjudge

Q: Should I ask for a hearing to contest?

A: Sounds like an excellent idea to me. Oh, by the way, HOW will you prove all this stuff? (And I don't mean pictures of speed limit signs either.)

Curt581

Certainly.

They will dismiss based on a defective citation.

After which, the officer will promptly reissue a correct one.... and you'll have to come back to court AGAIN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">