• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong term - the law firm switched attorney and them the new attorney ask the judge to be removed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ken90005

Indiana -

I had a lawyer for a wrongful term suite. I tried to contact them over the past two years to get update, but could not get a reply. Finally, a week before the statue of limitation was ready to hit, a legal aid called and said they would file July 30. Five weeks later, after several calls, I got a message from a legal aid that said the owner of the firm took over the case, and went to the judge to have himself removed. I am not sure they filed to begin with. And if not, what recourse to I have? I am shocked that all this happened and no one told me anything. Setting that aside, and I am a lost of what I should do next.

Should I even bother to look for another attorney or is it past that point?

Can I file a complain with the Indiana bar? Can they sue me for complaining about misrepresentation?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If your attorney missed a statutory deadline, then yes, you really should lodge a complaint with the BAR.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
The law firm apparently had two years to do something and did nothing. If as a result of that the statute of limitation expired without the lawsuit being filed, then you no longer have a case to bring against your employer. But you may have a malpractice case to bring against the lawyer and his law firm. First, consult another lawyer ASAP who litigates wrongful termination cases to see if there is any chance now to bring the lawsuit. If there is, get that done promptly. If indeed it is too late, then see a lawyer who litigates legal malpractice cases for advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">