• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong Vin on policy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fjacevedo91

I let my friend borrow my pickup truck while I was on vacation, he let his niece drive it home and ended up crashing head on into a stopped car, my truck only had a dent in the bumper but the other car was deemed totaled. His niece (who I dont even know) didnt answer any of my or my insurances phone calls to assist in the report. And now have an at fault record on my policy.

Looking back into my insurance I noticed that my insurance had the wrong vin of my truck, since the mistake was on their part that they paid out to the totaled car and I have no relation with the girl that crashed my truck. Is it possible to remove my at fault mark on record and insurance take legal action against the girl to reclaim their money?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I let my friend borrow my pickup truck while I was on vacation, he let his niece drive it home and ended up crashing head on into a stopped car, my truck only had a dent in the bumper but the other car was deemed totaled. His niece (who I dont even know) didnt answer any of my or my insurances phone calls to assist in the report. And now have an at fault record on my policy.

Looking back into my insurance I noticed that my insurance had the wrong vin of my truck, since the mistake was on their part that they paid out to the totaled car and I have no relation with the girl that crashed my truck. Is it possible to remove my at fault mark on record and insurance take legal action against the girl to reclaim their money?
No.

adjusterjack

I noticed that my insurance had the wrong vin of my truck,
Easily corrected. Means nothing.

Is it possible to remove my at fault mark on record
Who does the police report attribute fault to? If to your friend's niece, then no, it's not going to be removed.

insurance take legal action against the girl to reclaim their money?
No.

She was defined as "an insured" on your policy due to having indirect permission to drive your car. Insurance companies cannot subrogate against their own insureds.

quincy

Are you located in the U.S? If so, in what state do you reside? If not, what is the name of your country?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">