• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong VISA type---how to get proof document from goverment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state?TX
Dear Sir/Madam:
I came to US with F2 VISA. But I got F1 VISA by mistake(I did not realize it was wrong because I thought they issue F2 VISA that way). When I arrived at LA, the officer found the mistake and corrected my VISA type.But I did not get any document for VISA type change. Recently I met troubles that I could not open my bank account without that document, nor could I take driver licence exam. Could you please how I should solve this problem and how long it will take(I will stay in US for 3 years).
Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential