• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Arrest...please read!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

grinchmas

My husband was arrested yesterday on an incorrect warrant. All of my husbands information such as name with middle initial, drivers license number, social security number was on the warrant. They handcuffed him and took him to a county jail (a different county then where the warrant was issued). They detained him for 7 hours...... never read him his rights. Meanwhile since the warrant said he was being arrested for theft and we had no idea what they were talking about...we started making many calls. We found out they thought he was married to a different person whom helped him commit the crime.....we had never heard of any of these people. We emailed a picture of my husband and then got a return email saying thanks for your help and all charges will be dropped. At first they tried to say it was identity theft, but later after piecing it together we found that was not the case. They had all my husbands info on a warrant that was meant for a person with the same name but a different middle name, different social, different drivers licence number. Now we are out the 250.00 that I bonded him out with as well as the money we are going to have tp pay an attorney to have the record aspunged. Any suggestions on anything would be appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">