• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination - Manager Falsified Work Evaluation to lay me off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Its not simplistic to answer this since the corporate world is not simplistic ,it has people in power with complex and highly inflated egos and speaking one's mind often puts one in trouble.
Bear in mind that even if there was retaliation, most retaliation by employers against employees is legal. Only if the retaliation is related to the employee exercising some right protected by law is the retaliation illegal.

Just Blue

stopping whining will not the change the situation,I got lucky most others in similar situations are not.Their self respect and confidence get battered to death and end up settling with less than ideal situation.
Then they need therapy if their self respect and confidence are so easily "battered".

commentator

We who have worked in employment fields have known this for a long time now
I have seen literally thousands of people run upon this sort of thing. It makes you re evaluate a lot of your own old comfortably held beliefs about other people who are in bad situations, we hope.

I have a feeling there's a reason and I also have a feeling we're seeing that reason right here.
based on the discussions in this thread feeling is worth a toilet paper in the eyes of law.Its the facts and supporting artifacts that matter but then someone else mentioned performance evaluations at workplace don't matter at all.what else can a victimized employee bring to scrutiny?

Well, then, you have understood the legal answer to your question: you have no case.

If you want a more emotionally supportive response, you will have to post in a support group, not a legal advice forum.
I had that revelation much earlier from this thread and I now have a better insight why laws are not changing for good for more than half a century.

Then they need therapy if their self respect and confidence are so easily "battered".
This explains why status quo sustains and it's akin to saying to someone who met with a car accident that they need to be seeing an orthopedic doctor since their legs are so easily broken with a mere car accident rather than critically and objectively analysing the situation.

Last edited:

commentator

Quote: what else can a victimized employee bring to scrutiny?

As we've been telling you, there's nobody who is interested in scrutinizing anything related to this situation. Nothing illegal has occurred.

eerelations

This explains why status quo sustains...
So you're blaming us for the law? That because we provide you with accurate information about the law, that must mean we support the law as it stands? Wut?

Personally, I believe US employment law is way too employer-friendly. I believe that it should be changed to better protect American workers. But does that belief of mine mean that when you ask about the law, I cannot tell you about it as it stands, that rather I must tell you about how I think it should be? Really?

If you were seeking our personal opinions about the law, and not actual information about the law, you should have said so in your first post. Leading us on the way you have, and then ranting and raving at us for falling for it, is deceitful and trollish. Shame on you.

Just Blue

This explains why status quo sustains and it's akin to saying to someone who met with a car accident that they need to be seeing an orthopedic doctor since their legs are so easily broken with a mere car accident rather than critically and objectively analysing the situation.
No. It's not. Really.

So you're blaming us for the law? That because we provide you with accurate information about the law, that must mean we support the law as it stands? Wut?

Personally, I believe US employment law is way too employer-friendly. I believe that it should be changed to better protect American workers. But does that belief of mine mean that when you ask about the law, I cannot tell you about it as it stands, that rather I must tell you about how I think it should be? Really?

If you were seeking our personal opinions about the law, and not actual information about the law, you should have said so in your first post. Leading us on the way you have, and then ranting and raving at us for falling for it, is deceitful and trollish. Shame on you.
Well then having pre-cognizance that US employment law is way too employer-friendly the response to my original post should have been, don't even bother to take a legal route,who cares about actual information about law if it is totally ineffectual to the needs of a common man instead of taking sides.Apologies if my post sounded trollish or blaming.Happy New Year!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">