• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vereducy

What is the name of your state? oregon
I was fired from my job of 7 years. the reason stated was i was taking rairoad tie of job during work hours and exessive tardiness.
first let me say the ties wre given to me by the owner of the facility where we were working. and was cleared with the project manager of the job. when my supervisor overheard this he insisted
i give him half the ties. i agreed and we proceeded to demo the
existing track. it was getting crowded in the work area and i was told by the supervisor to startr taking the ties out of the yard to where we were selling them and i did. some times this would run into my lunch hour so i would return a few minutes late once in a while.
the project manager and the second in command got wind we were selling
the ties and next thing you know i am fired. the supervisor i was splitting the prfits with then denies he told me to take the ties during work. then i go to open my unemployment and was denied beause
i was fired for theft. totally untrue i appeal and it was determined that i did not steal any ties noir was there any misconduct on my part
my employer did't even bother to show for the hearing. but those ties
were being taken by who you guessed it the supervisors then when i went to company headquarters they said i was fired for tardiness.
i have been out of work for six months now and they wont hire me back
they said they woul consider it in a year meanwhile i am forced to file bankrupcy i had a spottless record till this. i like to know if i can sue for back wages and be reinstated.i was railroaded.

Beth3

There are a couple of facts missing but I'm guessing the facility owner and project manager presumed you wanted the ties for your personal use (lots of people use those for landscaping and other projects.) When they found out you were selling them for profit at and at the job site, perhaps that's why their feelings about the situation changed.

In any event, firing you for theft and tardiness, even if that's not accurate, is not unlawful. I don't see any cause of action for you here.

I'd suggest you look for other work and not wait around for a year to see if they might actually hire you back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">