• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jl23

I am a full time student and worked part-time at the University I attend. I had an oral agreement to work for an Administrator for two terms (pay paper work verifies this). Last week he called me down to his office and began to curse about how everyone has been treating him lately, including me. When I asked him to stop cursing at me, he refused and told me that he is the boss and can do what he wants. When I insisted that he stop, he told me that he is reconsidering my employment there. The next day he sent me an e-mail stating that I had two weeks to finish what I could on the project and I would only get paid if he approved of the work I did.

As for his claim of how I was treating him; he claimed that I have been disrespectful towards him by "blowing" him off earlier that day. What he was remarkng about was when he came up to the lab and wanted to hand me a pile of work to distribute to the other employees. I directed him to give the papers to another key employee because I was on my way to class and was not on the "clock" at that time. He is aware that I am never available on that day (Friday) until after 3pm. So, as I explaind to him later, I did not intend to be disrespectful, I mearly directed were the work should go. (just so you know, I was acting professional)

I am in the process of filing a grievance against him in the University (I believe he has had behavior problems in the past). I also have two years of outstanding reviews from him. Also, I am not asking for money, but I do want him to be disciplined.

Do I have a reasonable grievance claim?

If so, what kind of resolution should I expect? What type of disciplinary action can I reasonably expect (or ask) the University to take towards him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">