• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

susank005

I live and work in New Jersey. I was working as a massage therapist in one of the Massage Envy franchises from June 02, 2011 until i was called by my supervisor on October 26, 2011 telling me not to come in anymore because of complaints from clients. I said to her this is the first time i've heard of this and no one had pointed it out to me before until this past weekend (October 21st). Do i have a case to sue them?

swalsh411

File for unemployment immediately while you look for a new job. That's about the only "happy ending" you can hope for. :cool:

Antigone*

I live and work in New Jersey. I was working as a massage therapist in one of the Massage Envy franchises from June 02, 2011 until i was called by my supervisor on October 26, 2011 telling me not to come in anymore because of complaints from clients. I said to her this is the first time i've heard of this and no one had pointed it out to me before until this past weekend (October 21st). Do i have a case to sue them?
You have the right to file for unemployment and look for another job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is not a wrongful termination. It may or may not be unfair, but it is not wrongful (illegal).

Just because no one told you of the complaints does not mean that they did not happen. They are not required to counsel you, give you warnings, or otherwise notify you of complaints or dissatisfaction with your work. The fact that they did not do so may mean that you qualify for UI since you did not have the opportunity to improve, but it does not make the termination illegal.

susank005

Wrongful termination/MT from NJ

Thanks to all of your replies. I kind of thought so..Just thought I would ask any way. I went higher up and a meeting is schedual with my boss and the manager. thanks Hopefully ILL still have my job.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Please ignore this post, seniors; there appears to be a problem with my settings that I am trying to correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">