• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ASYS15

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I worked full-time hours but was paid hourly with no benefits.

I worked here for a bit over 7 months. I was 22 when I started and I am 23 now. I recently graduated University in December.

I was terminated Friday from my boss who stated, that I seemed young and therefore seemed as if I was going onto better things and therefore that isn't good for the company.
That was the reason of my termination. I've never had misconduct in the company.

Can I claim age discrimination and file a wrongful termination claim?

the only thing I stated to her when I left was that I enjoyed working in the company, I enjoyed my job, and that this was the same line of work I wanted. She claimed that since I was young it didn't seem like this was the type of work I wanted to do, and I corrected her and said that I wanted to be exactly in this type of work but she still proceeded to terminating me.

There was no malice in my voice, in fact I was actually in tears. So I know she cannot claim I was being aggressive what

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I worked full-time hours but was paid hourly with no benefits.

I worked here for a bit over 7 months. I was 22 when I started and I am 23 now. I recently graduated University in December.

I was terminated Friday from my boss who stated, that I seemed young and therefore seemed as if I was going onto better things and therefore that isn't good for the company.
That was the reason of my termination. I've never had misconduct in the company.

Can I claim age discrimination and file a wrongful termination claim?

the only thing I stated to her when I left was that I enjoyed working in the company, I enjoyed my job, and that this was the same line of work I wanted. She claimed that since I was young it didn't seem like this was the type of work I wanted to do, and I corrected her and said that I wanted to be exactly in this type of work but she still proceeded to terminating me.

There was no malice in my voice, in fact I was actually in tears. So I know she cannot claim I was being aggressive what
Age discrimination doesn't come into play unless/until the employee is 40.

Gotta tell you, correcting her was not exactly a smart move.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Pro is correct. Under both Federal and state law, if you are under the age of 40 then by definition it is automatically not illegal discrimination. And if it's not illegal, then once again by definition it is not a wrongful term.

Once again to make sure it is clear: under Federal law and the laws of most states, including yours, it is LEGAL to discriminate based on age if the age is under 40.

File for unemployment immediately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">