• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nene1

I was injured on the job after being moved from assigned job, doctors cleared me for work after saying my injuries wold be permanent if I continued job duties, I was told my employment would be terminated . Months later I was told again that if I didn’t return to work my employment would be terminated after thinking I was already unemployed. Now I’m being terminated for missing work when I thought I was no longer employed. Can I sue?

quincy

I was injured on the job after being moved from assigned job, doctors cleared me for work after saying my injuries wold be permanent if I continued job duties, I was told my employment would be terminated . Months later I was told again that if I didn’t return to work my employment would be terminated after thinking I was already unemployed. Now I’m being terminated for missing work when I thought I was no longer employed. Can I sue?
What is the name of your state?

Just Blue

What State?

eerelations

I don't understand this phrase "doctors cleared me for work after saying my injuries wold be permanent if I continued job duties" - do you mean that your doctors said you could return to work even though returning to work would cause you to become you permanently disabled? This seems odd. OP can you please clarify?

nene1

Why did you initially think you were unemployed?
I was told that if I didn’t return to a specific department ( the department which I was injured in) that it would be considered voluntary termination. This job is Tesla motors. I was originally assigned to work as a quality inspector, the production area needed help to produce a certain amount of cars by the end of the month , this is where I was injured.

nene1

I don't understand this phrase "doctors cleared me for work after saying my injuries wold be permanent if I continued job duties" - do you mean that your doctors said you could return to work even though returning to work would cause you to become you permanently disabled? This seems odd. OP can you please clarify?
The doctors told me that I can return back to my original assignment. My job requested for me to return to a temporary assignment, which is where I was injured. If I were to return to that assignment I could be permanently injured repeating the same duties.

PayrollHRGuy

A post-injury doctors release should day what actual duties you are capable of performing or not capable of performing. Example, No lifting with right arm or no lifting of more than X pounds with right arm.

So what, exactly, did the return to work note say?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">