• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Oh, no. Someone who already believed she had a wrongful termination claim when she first started and hears someone telling her that her employer maybe violated FMLA (on NO evidence whatsoever) is NEVER going to imagine that this means she has some kind of legal recourse. Of course not.

justalayman

Oh, no. Someone who already believed she had a wrongful termination claim when she first started and hears someone telling her that her employer maybe violated FMLA (on NO evidence whatsoever) is NEVER going to imagine that this means she has some kind of legal recourse. Of course not.
Given she was terminated for attending to her sick child without any more clarification than that, I see nothing wrong with ensuring fmla isn’t applicable. It would be the Ginsu knife of defenses if it applies and does no harm if it doesn’t apply.

I never said the employer might have violated the fmla. I said this:

. Before we even get to unemployment I suggest it should be determined if you had any FMLA protections for any of the missed time.

That is not making any suggestion that she did have protections.

One step at a time. That’s all it is.

justalayman

I can't speak for commentator but I have a very short fuse for people that don't want to work on Friday and those with attendance issues in general. They are the bane of my existence.
Hell, I don’t want to work on fridays myself, and I don’t. . Does that ruffle your feathers?

commentator

I've seen all kinds. I am not particularly hard-hearted. But people who have terrible attendance records and are terminated for them tend to have really bad personal habits. Some pretty much don't give a care if their child is sick or not, till they think they can milk it. Drunks and addicts are really selfish people. So I think the practice of having a required medical form for the final absence to allow for people who have to miss work even that last time when they know they're about to be fired for attendance is fair.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">