• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



my son was asked to resign today,because they claim that he manipulated funds by placeing his own money to make up shortages on his register.he is a manager for a local pizza place. he was not short on his money ,in fact he was over,and nothing was short.please explain to me how you can be asked to resign when you made up the difference yourself. they told him to resign or they were going to file charges for manipulation of funds.we believe it was a setup.they told him that if he tried to get unemployment that they would go through with filing charges against him what could they charge him with,having to much money.should we try to fight this,get a lawyer or what.please advise us as what to do.he has two kids and really needs his job thanks



Unfortunately, they look at it this way: If he would put money in to make up a shortage, then he would possibly take money out to break even. Shortages, depending on amounts and how often, are acceptable, just as overages are. I suggest your son contact the company and see if they will just give him a neutral letter of reference so he can find another job without trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential