• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongfull termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

diggity

an employee for 11+ years with an
impecable record. I showed up to
work one day an was immediately
suspended for 5 days virtually
without cause.Prior to returning
to work on the 5th day i was
called and told my shifts had been
given away and i was not wanted to
work there anymore, because the
management company believes that i
was relaying information back to
the actual owners concerning how
poorly the operation is being run,
and now the management company's
contract is not being renewed.
Additionaly, i found out that my
pay rate has been $1.00-2.00 lower
than that of all the other
employees in the same position
and i requested that a correction
be made asap and be retroactive
back a year and a half. Do i have
any recource?.

------------------
The actual owners hire the management company to run the place. The owners began to realize how poorly the place is being run and have infact begun to terminate the management company itself.
The management company believes that I am the person responsible for providing the owners with information on exactly whats been going on, this is why i am not working there anymore.The G.M actually told this to one of the owners! after I was terminated.
Concerning the difference in my pay rate..i have been told for over a year and a half that everyone in my position receives the same rate. when I found out this was a lie,I requested an immediate adjustment be made and it be retroactive back a year an a half...shortly after i made this request i was terminated.
I am over 40 and male and ifact the oldest person at my position. The person that was hired to replace me is female and under 40 (?).

[This message has been edited by diggity (edited February 21, 2000).]

A

ArizonaAl

Who was your long time employer, the management company or the actual owners? If the latter, have you contacted them? I'd imagine the management company would be greatful and should hire you.

What do you mean "virtually no reason"?

Were you being discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, sex, age, etc. in pay or benefits or advancement opportunities?

D

diggity

The actual owners hired the
management company to run the
place,about 2 years ago.

Recently The owners have been receiving information on how poorly the place is being operated and now the owners are in the process of terminating and replacing the management company itself.

The management company believes that since I have the contacts with the
owners, that I am the one responsible for relaying information to the
owners and this is the reason that the management does not want me there anymore. ( the G.M actually said this to one of the owners )

In regards to my pay scale being less then everyone else in the same position... i was told by management personal for over a year and a half that everyone in my position received the same pay scale, when i found out this was a lie, i requested my pay scale be adjusted asap, and that it be retroactive back a year and a half! After i made this request, i was terminated!
I am over 40 years old + male, they did replace me with a younger female.

The actual supervisior who did the initial suspension has in the past made serveral references to my age, male gender, requests to meet her after work etc.. I just never realized what this might mean?

Please, I would be very interested in someones opinion...Thanks.

------------------

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">