• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

X

xworkerx

Hi. I'm a female, mid 20s, living in NC. I was working at a hotel for 8 months. The first 6 months were great, there were zero problems. But then those managers left and 2 new ones came in to replace them. That's when the problems started.

Well, the new managers could never get my paydate straight. At first I got paid every week, on different days. Then without warning I was paid every 2 weeks, still on differnt days. At one point they messed up and skipped a week. We had to take out a loan due to their disorganization. I had talked to them several times about it nicely, but nothing changed. It made it very hard to know when my income was coming in so I could pay bills, etc.

So, the last time they were supposed to pay me, they once again put it off. They said to call back the next day that it might be in then. My husband and I were both irritated. He called and told them that they need to establish a set paydate for me and stick to it. The female manager threatened him. She said that I could come and get my money in cash but I don't have a job anymore.

I came in that day to get my cash, and they told me that they're letting me go. I'm hoping we can sue them, because that is completely wrong. But I'm not very sure how to go about it or if it's even possible. They must be breaching some law and I could get them on that.

Thanks a million for helping me.

JETX

"I'm hoping we can sue them, because that is completely wrong."
*** Sorry, but you have no basis for a lawsuit. Clearly from your post, the management is poor and chaotic at best, but that is not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">