• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully Incarcarated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

If someone is accused of a sexual crime, and incarcarated for a month. No evidence is found only accusations by the so-called "victim" and declared innocent, may that person counter-claim for loss of wages and lawyer fees?

You might have a cause of action against the accuser, but that would be very tough to prove that the allegations were made with malicious intent.

Unless the police were able to learn that your accuser simply made all of this up, you would be pressed to prevail.

What are the details of the allegations?


Queen Bee
Of course you can. Talk to your lawyer.
Really? Against who? He said counterclaim. The state was suing him. Based on his statements he doesn't have anything to sue the state. They have immunity. So no he can't. Please quit posting unless you actually know the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential