• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully layoff?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cborden02

California,

I was laid off today from my job i have been at for 5 years. this is what happened,

I joined the company back in 2003 and i was forced to quit 2 years later over a bogus sexual harrasment suit.

The company brought me back as an asst. manager 6 months later. I took over the account and became the account manager in 2006. Recently one of our other accounts were closing and they had a manager there that they wanted to keep. So they came to my location and we brought her over there and we laid off an employee do to having to many people.

Today i was laid off after the other manager has been there for 6 months and has learned my job. she is now the asst. manager and they "moved" the regional manager to the location and said they are doing away with the account manager position.

The hr manager has had it in for me since she became an employee for us. she has mad comments as i was "untouchable" just because every time i am about to be let go something happens and the person making the complaint is no longer employed. she has made my job a lot harder ever since she was unable to fire me.

and i know... move on get another job. just wondering if you feel this is right. sorry typing while i am still mad.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did you have a question about the perfectly legal action by your former employer?

cborden02

so?

So even if the reason for the layoff was because " Elimination of position" and they promote someone in a different title to do the work i was doing. The company can do that?

HomeGuru

California,

I was laid off today from my job i have been at for 5 years. this is what happened,

I joined the company back in 2003 and i was forced to quit 2 years later over a bogus sexual harrasment suit.

The company brought me back as an asst. manager 6 months later. I took over the account and became the account manager in 2006. Recently one of our other accounts were closing and they had a manager there that they wanted to keep. So they came to my location and we brought her over there and we laid off an employee do to having to many people.

Today i was laid off after the other manager has been there for 6 months and has learned my job. she is now the asst. manager and they "moved" the regional manager to the location and said they are doing away with the account manager position.

The hr manager has had it in for me since she became an employee for us. she has mad comments as i was "untouchable" just because every time i am about to be let go something happens and the person making the complaint is no longer employed. she has made my job a lot harder ever since she was unable to fire me.

and i know... move on get another job. just wondering if you feel this is right. sorry typing while i am still mad.
**A: no it is not right but totally legal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So even if the reason for the layoff was because " Elimination of position" and they promote someone in a different title to do the work i was doing. The company can do that?
Is that your question about the perfectly legal action by your former employer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">